It is with Great Pleasure to bring to Interview today Viviane Bentanos!
1. Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer?
Viviane: Hmmm. difficult. I was always fantasising. As a child, I wanted to be every
superhero on the planet. I wanted to own a horse like Champion, remember him?
When I was twelve, and in my first year of high school, my english teacher told me
that I had talent for composition. Thus it began!
2. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing?
Viviane: Contemporary romance, but I always try to include a strong vein of what
I like to call Brit caustic wit. I think we British tend to find humour, even in serious
situations. It's our emotional safety net.
3. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to become a writer?
Viviane: I don't know if anyone initially inspired me to put pen to paper. I do know
that Jilly Cooper influenced mystyle. Darren Hayes inspires my writing. Letting Go,
my first novel was inspired by his music.
4. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story?
Viviane: No, and I have no intention of doing so!
5. Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Viviane: Jilly Cooper, Jane Austen, Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Minette Walters,
and Ian Rankin.
6. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life,
or are they from the imagination?
Viviane: I think all writer's use facets of personality from people they know,
although their characters are fictional creations. Rachel, from Letting Go has
many characteristics from one of my friends.
7. Geri: How many books have you written?
Viviane: I have completed three manuscripts to date. I also have two, or three
unfinished works. My mother-in-law burnt my first manuscript, she thought it was
8. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published?
Viviane: This is tough. I was thrilled, but it took a while to sink in.
9. Geri: Where can your books be purchased?
Viviane: Letting Go will be a digital release from the Champagne Line of
The Wild Rose press www.thewildrosepress.com
, and Amazon.
10.Geri: Do you have any current work in progress?
Viviane: I am currently working on a project.
11. Geri: What are some links to your websites?
Viviane: http://Corfu-author-tripod.com/ www.myspace.com/chicholina
12. Geri: Do you have goals set for your future?
Viviane: My goal is simply to keep on writing.
13. Geri: At this time in your life, are you exactly where you wanted to be in your
Viviane: I want to improve my writing, and come up with feasible plots, and
14. Geri: What are some factors that can help authors reach their dream of
Viviane: Tenacity, a thick hide, and unquestionable belief, and pride in what
15. Geri: Have you experienced writer's block?
Viviane: Yes, many times, and as every writer knows, it's awful!
16. Geri: What advice can you offer to help writer's block?
Viviane: Write anything down, even if you feel that it's rubbish.
17. Geri: As a child, what were your favorite books?
Viviane: Everything by Enid Blyton. I devoured her books!
18. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading?
Viviane: Yes! I adored reading!
19. Geri: If you had the opportunity to live one day the life of a famous author,
who would it be?
Viviane: I think I would turn down the opportunity!
20. Geri: Many authors feel self-satisfaction, achievement, after publishing
a book, can you relate to such feelings?
Viviane: Everything we write is something to be proud of!
21. Geri: How do you balance your occupation with your writing?
Viviane: My current occupation is to pay the bills--if I am ever able to dream
life away in front of the pc screen!
22. Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would your writing plans change?
viviane: No! I'd probably buy myself a cottage retreat on the Cornish coast,
where I can hole up with my fave imaginary men.
23. Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, have it publihed, then learn
about promotions. What was your most difficult task?
Viviane: Oh definetely the promotion work!
24. Geri: Some writer's listen to music, or look at the ocean, or flowers. Do you
have a particular scenery to focus on?
Viviane: Above my desk, I have a beautiful, framed photograph of Darren Hayes.
In the background wll be playing his music. What else does a girl need to inspire
her to write about love?
25. If you had books published in one genre, then wanted to write in a different
genre, what would it be?
Viviane: Interesting question, because many of my friends have encouraged me
to write about something deeper, as if the exploration of human emotion isn't
deep enough. I write because I enjoy it, and romance is my thing.
Geri: Thank you for today's interview, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Viviane: Thank you for giving me this opportunity to talk about myself. I know I
tend to rabbit on, and I hope I haven't bored you all to death.